Here is my look from Thanksgiving! If you know me, this is actually quite bold of a look for me, but I’ve been trying to ease myself into using more colors. I figured Thanksgiving would be a good chance to pull out some rich cranberry tones. I wish I got better pictures of my eyes, unfortunately for me, it was one of those days where I just couldn’t manage to get a good one 🙁
- I started wearing false lashes my junior year of high school after using them during all star cheer competitions.
- I’m the only one in my immediate family born in the USA. Both of my parents and my older sister were born in the Philippines.
- I LOVE those little kid fruit pouches like Go-Go Squeezes. I eat one everyday lol.
- I met my boyfriend at the end of my junior year in high school and we didn’t even become friends until 2 years later.
- I almost never go anywhere without looking up reviews. Yelp is my BFF.
- I understand Filipino (Tagalog), but I can’t speak it fluently.
- I only own one pair of jeans.
- PAWS Chicago
- Trio Animal Foundation
- Center for Animal Research and Education (CARE)
- Chicagoland Bully Breed Rescue
- Midwest BREW (Beagle Rescue, Education, and Welfare)
- Reach Rescue, inc.
- Beagle Freedom Project
- It’s ok if you don’t look like everyone else.
- You don’t have to have your whole life figured out by the time you’re 18.
- Don’t think for a second that nobody loves you.
- Most of the cute boys in high school that pay no attention to you become sleazy after graduation.
- YOU NEED YOUR GIRL FRIENDS. None of that girls are too much drama bullshit. Some things dudes don’t get.
- Life never goes as planned.
- Being optimistic is actually really hard… but actually really worth it.
- Never burn any bridges. The more connections you have in general, the better.
- If there’s only one thing you can do, do your eyebrows.
- Dream big, but be realistic. You’re not gonna magically be successful in 3 days.
- People in your life will leave. No drama, no bad feelings.
- Nobody else is gonna make your life better for you. Only you have that power.
- Know who you are on your own. Don’t let being in a relationship define who you are. There’s more to yourself than that.
- The people you surround yourself with really does have an impact on your life.
- Friendship is a two way street. When there’s effort put in, there needs to be effort received.
- It’s exhausting to care so much about someone that doesn’t give a damn about you.
- 6 shots of tequila is most likely a very bad idea.
- “Just chuck it in the fuck it bucket and move on”.
- Say yes.
- Your body will look different at 20 than it did at 15. It’s alright. Do you boo boo.
- As long as you’re trying to be the very best person you could ever be, God loves you and he accepts you and he will always be there to guide the way. Don’t let ANYBODY tell you that your relationship with Him is fake just because you don’t live exactly word for word by the book. Your relationship is special and very real.
*Originally posted on October 28*
First cut crease ever 😁 because of my eye shape I never thought I’d be able to pull off a cut crease (#monolidstruggles), but I’ve been telling myself to try out different looks and I actually really loved how this turned out! Inspired by the beautiful @desimakeup’s cut crease in her lion tutorial 🙏
Primer: @makeupforeverofficial step 1 mattifying base | Foundation: mixed @toofaced Born This Way and @lorealparisusa Infallible to experiment and it was the bomb 💣| Concealer: @urbandecaycosmetics Naked Skin weightless concealer | Setting powder: @besamecosmetics brightening translucent powder | Bronzer: @makeupforeverofficial Pro-Bronze Fusion in 30 | Highlight: @beccacosmetics & @jaclynhill Champagne Pop | Blush: @milanicosmetics Luminoso | Eyeshadow: @anastasiabeverlyhills @norvina Sienna, Fudge, Soft Peach, Noir @buxomcosmetics Gold Status | Eyeliner: @maybelline gel liner | Lashes: @eylureofficial @vegas_nay Grand Glamour
Brows: black shadow from @urbandecaycosmetics| Naked Basic palette | Lips: @katvondbeauty Lolita liquid lipstick
- *This post wouldn’t transfer from my old site, so I’m doing it manually. Originally posted on November 3rd*
I hope everyone had a fun Halloween! I dressed the dogs up as Yoda and Chewbacca from Star Wars, but unfortunately didn’t get to take them out around the neighborhood during trick or treating because of the weather 😕 (which, of course, was BEAUTIFUL the day after).
Uriel and I got invited to a party sorta last minute so after watched Alex Faction’s tutorial, I decided I wanted to try it out Uriel. It was pretty much my first time face painting and doing Halloween makeup and I definitely struggled with the cheap face paint and the drawing aspect (aka I suck), but I think I did a pretty good job! Since Uriel was a skeleton, I decided to do a half skull on my face to match! Not too bad, I’d say.
What did you dress up as for Halloween?
In this vlog, we go island hopping, enjoy our last sunset in Boracay, and then jet off back to Manila! By the way, there’s a special random clip at the end that I totally forgot existed. Hope you guys enjoy ❤️ please don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and thumbs up the vlog!
UPDATE: I finally have my website up and running. It’s not quite how I want it yet, there’s a lot I have to fix, but I’m happy it’s finally up! For past couple of months, I’ve definitely been stuck in a rut. I was having a lot of trouble with figuring out my website and because of that, I kind of stepped back for a while. I’ve also been really busy as the end of the year is always super hectic for Uriel and I. It’s literally one thing after another! I am considering doing vlogmas, but I’m not so sure as my day to day isn’t quite exciting 😁 but since my site is up, I’m going to do my best to be a lot better with posting! Also, I have made a separate YouTube channel for beauty-related videos and will be uploading to that channel soon, so stay tuned ☺️
I was recently nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by Valerie of Avec Valerie (pssssst.. Check her blog out, she is awesome!) So shout out to her, thank you so much for thinking of me, it means a lot!
Let’s do this thing.
Link the blogger who took the time to nominate you. List seven random things about yourself. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers. Notify the blogger that you nominated their blog for the award.
7 Random Things About Myself:
(I cheated a little.. I only have 5 bloggers to nominate! But they’re goodies!)
Ever since I was a little kid, I longed to have a dog to call my own. When I was 18, that dream finally came true and I adopted my very first puppy pal. My Harlow is a beagle lab and has taught me more about responsibility than I have in the previous 18 years of life. She’s now almost 3 years old and is joined by Ball$ (yes.. That’s his name lol), Uriel and I’s Boston terrier. I always knew having a dog would be fun, but I never knew how much having dogs would change my life. Having dogs now, I’ve become well aware of the horrors of animal abuse and consider myself an advocate for animal rights. So if you’re a dog owner or you’re even just an animal lover in general, I encourage you to take the time today in honor of National Dog Day to donate to your local animal shelters/rescues! Whether it’s your time (most rescues and shelters are volunteer based, so they love all the help they can get!) or its in the form of resources or money, all of it helps! Here are a couple of foundations/rescues that are personal favorites of mine:
If you are able to give your time, check out Volunteer Match to see what shelters near you need help!
After being in Manila for a couple of days, we drove up to La Union, where my mom is from. One of my favorite things about being in the province is that it’s just absolutely beautiful. I live in the Midwest and it’s flatland everywhere I look, so being surrounded by mountains is a dream come true.
Second on my list of favorite things is Halo Halo de Iloko. What is halo halo, you ask? Halo halo is a popular Filipino dessert that consists of shaved ice, evaporated milk, and various sweet beans, jellies, and fruits. The topping combinations are endless and can contain anything from jackfruit and coconut to purple yam (ube) and leche flan. I like to describe halo halo as a poor man’s dessert. It’s basically throwing in whatever you got at the time and whatever you think would taste good. The possibilities are endless! One of the best places, if not the very best, to get halo halo is Halo Halo de Iloko in San Fernando City, La Union. They have everything from traditional halo halo to halo halo in a coconut to deep-fried halo halo! It’s a very popular destination that even celebrities stop by frequently to get their fill.
And, of course, I got deep fried halo halo. It was basically the ingredients, minus the shaved ice and evaporated milk, in a deep fried lil roll with a topping of ube ice cream! Absolutely to die for!
Uriel, on the other hand, wanted to get the full experience. Well.. I wanted him to get the full experience lol. So he got halo halo in a coconut! Which he devoured, by the way 😏
Make sure you check out my other posts on my trip to the Philippines!
I ❤️ Boracay, part 1 // I ❤️ Boracay, part 2 // Mall of Asia and Food Club
Thanks for reading everyone!
Golden hour selfies are my specialty 😏 This past Saturday, Uriel took me to Medievel Times as a birthday gift from his mom! Once I get all my technical difficulties figured out, I’ll be putting up a vlog and a post on that! So stay tuned ☺️ In the mean time, here are my makeup details:
MUFE Step 1 Equalizer Mattifying Base, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness, Too Face Born This Way foundation, Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer, Josie Maran Creamy Concealer in Medium 2 (for cream contour), Besame Brightening Translucent Powder, Anastasia Brow Wiz, Urban Decay Naked Basics (for both eyebrows and eyeshadow), MUFE Pro Bronze Fusion, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, MAC Warm Soul mineralized blush, Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop and Opal, Eylure Definition Lashes, NYX lip liner (don’t remember the name 😁 but it was just a brick red liner) and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira 💋
I’ve had this liquid lipstick for a little while now, I picked it up around the same time that I picked up Lolita and I’ve been too busy being OBSESSED with Lolita. Literally. I wear it almost every single time I go out. So finally, I decided to go with a very basic subtle almost cut crease eye look so that I could showcase Vampira! This deep wine-red type of color was actually the first lipstick color I was drawn to when I first started wearing makeup. I always felt like it was more wearable for me and complimented my skin tone more than a bright red lip.
For more pictures of me doing the most, make sure you check out my Instagram!
Saturday, August 8th, is my 21st birthday. Wow. To say that I’m weirded out about it is an understatement lol. When I was 16, I thought this day would NEVER come. Yet here I am.. 21 years old in a couple of days. Soooo weird.
SO ANYWAY, here’s a list of lessons I’ve come across during my lengthy 21 years of life. They may not be anything new or amazing or poetically deep, but they’ve definitely been life changing. At least for me (obviously).
If you asked me 5 years ago where I’d be, it’s definitely not where I am right now. There’s so much in life I still have yet to do.. but I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished so far. I would be nothing without the love and support of my family and friends in everything I do. I love you guys and I swear I’ll make ya’ll proud of me.